Welcome Readers! Robbinsdale Middle School is a grade 6-8 middle school located in Robbinsdale, Minnesota, and part of the Robbinsdale Area Schools, District #281.

These book reviews reflect the richness and diversity of our school community.
They reflect the views of our student reviewers and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of Robbinsdale Middle School. If you would like to become a part of our reviewing panel, please speak with the
Media Center staff.

Thank you!

Friday, October 31, 2014

Books by Blei: "Newbery Award" - Bud, Not Buddy

Bud, Not Buddy
by Christopher Curtis
(2000 Newbery Medal )

Recommended by: Nolan B.

Bud, Not Buddy, is a book about a 10-year-old kid that has no mother due to sickness. The kid's name is Bud, and he lives in Michigan. Bud's goad is to find his father. He thinks his father is in Grand Rapids. Bud can not get to Grand Rapids unless he walks. This book is a historical fiction, set in the Great Depression. When I read this book, I connected with Bud a lot because I was just 10 years-old just two years ago, which is not a long time. 

Read to find out if Bud finds his dad.
My favorite part was when he pulled a prank on his foster brother.

This book was: Historical Fiction!

I would recommend this book to:  My brother!

I rate this book:

No comments:

Post a Comment